Monday, November 7, 2011

Trick or Tree!... wait...What?

So lately KJ has been excessively difficult. She doesn't want to listen to ANYONE, she doesn't want to do ANYTHING, she just wants to fight with everyone, and cry over everything.

It could go without being said, life has been a little more frustrating than usual around here.

Our Christmas tree went up last night. No decorations yet. But it's up. KJ is SO excited! After I turn on the lights she stand there for a good five minutes just celebrating... singing, "Chriiiistmaaaas!". I've discovered that to a 20 month old, "trick or treat!" and, "Christmas tree" sound awfully similar, and come out just so.
As much as I love watching her, "shop for Christmas", and open her presents Christmas day... I can't wait til she really understands the meaning of the holiday. I'm looking forward to our yearly trips to homeless shelters on Christmas day to deliver a toy from each kid. Most of all, I am looking forward to teaching her about God, about Jesus, and our religion. She doesn't really have the patience or understand now. I've tried. But she is young still, so for now it'll be about Christmas lights and cookies, presents and stockings :)

As for Little J... unless I am holding him... no interest in the tree. Yet. I'll get him just as excited about it before too long :)

No comments:

Post a Comment