Tuesday, October 11, 2011

And So It Starts

     Being a Mom is tough work. If it were easy, men would do it ;) 

     All Moms face daily struggles. Whether it's juggling a career and the kids, or juggling a daily home schedule, kids, soccer, gymnastics, and still trying to have a girls night out (yeah, right!), or a book club. ...Do they still do those?

     But there are some Moms who have a whole different challenge. The Mom with two kids under two. For some, it's intentional. For others (*raises hand*), God had different plans, and birth control is a joke! 

     And then... there is me. Two under two, and to add the whipped topping on an already nutty sundae,  the in-laws living under the same roof! 

     ...I should invest stock in Excedrin Migraine and Jack Daniels...

     So here I am. After being told by many, many people that I should write a blog, or even a book, I'm taking the baby step and starting a blog. Random musing of my day with the family, plus some extras in between. My kids may be a hoot, but I have my moments as well :)

     Here's a quick run down of the stars of this show!

Mom: That's me. I'm the CEO, the COO, the boo-boo kisser, brownie baker (*mmm brownies*), floor mopper, bed maker, dinner fixin' extraordinaire.

KJ: My daughter, Kady Jean. She is 19 months old... going on 15 years. I didn't realize having a toddler was like having a teenager who only speaks in broken sentences and still poops in bed.

Little J: My son, Joshua. He is 5 months on the dot today. He's my source of constant migraines and hair loss. But his snuggly moments and adorable dimples make it all worth it at the end of the *very long* day. 

Ace: My husband. The father of the chitlins.The Hooah from Hell. In an attempt to maintain some anonymity (at least from those readers who don't already know me), I'm not posting full names. For the record, I'm not married to a fighter pilot...or a Vegas card dealer.

Coco: The endearing term KJ gave my father in law. This is Grandpa. We're a mere 3 days away from being "Over The Hill". I express joy here that he is computer illiterate.

Joe: Well, there is no code name giving here. Mostly because the only other name he has around here is Uncle Cheeseburger. This would be my brother in law. And yes, he lives here too.

And finally we have DiNozzo and Penelope, the dogs.
Yes, he was named after Tony DiNozzo from NCIS.
No, you can't judge me. I'm sure there is a funny name in your background somewhere. Just remember that.

     So there you have it. The key players in the game. The starring roles.
     And of course, there are always guest spots around here! ;)

     I hope you all enjoy this blog. I hope I enjoy writing it.
     ...I hope I remember to keep up with it!
     ...Unlike my facebook "Recipe of the Day". Don't worry, I'll be posting one tonight!

     Until tomorrow... or, you know... the next time I remember to post! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment