Friday, October 14, 2011

Old Age Leads To Cake-Quakes

I wouldn't say I am an expert when it comes to cooking, or baking. But I will say I am pretty damn good!

Today we celebrated Coco's big 5-0! That's right, folks. Grandpa turned 50 today. KJ and Little J got him some DVD's he was interested in and a bunch of candy, Ace and I bought him a DVD, I made the dinner he'd been craving (Beef Enchiladas), and baked a giant chocolate cake (and I'll go ahead and toot my own horn here.. from scratch! That's right... it happened.). Overall it was a good evening.

I'm posting a picture of what happens when you bake a super moist cake... then add 50 candles to it.
I've come to the conclusion, old age causes Cake-Quakes!






Still... they said it tasted pretty amazing ;)

I wouldn't know. For some reason all I could taste was bacon. Don't ask. I have NO idea.

KJ didn't get cake tonight. She decided listening is over rated. Not going to reward "bad" behavior. I did feel guilty eating it though, since she could SEE me. :/

Tonight's blog is going to be short. I still feel wonky from the shot I got today. Have to start my HEP B series for school in December. Don't know what happened, but about 5 minutes after they gave it to me, I about passed out. Super dizzy, weak. Didn't feel right. My blood pressure spiked pretty bad too. Kind of not wanting to get it done again in 4 weeks, but my desire to go to school is greater. I'll admit though, not by much!

G'nite folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment